Donor Advised Fund
Are you looking for a way to benefit NC State both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A solution is to establish a NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund (click here for more information or continue reading) . If you have already established a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) elsewhere, consider recommending grants from your fund to NC State.
THE NC STATE DONOR ADVISED GIVING FUND
The NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund allows you to create your own charitable giving fund-named the way you want-to use for all your charitable contributions, with a portion dedicated especially for NC State. You can contribute cash, stock or other assets to the fund at any time.* The funds dedicated to NC State can then be directed strategically over time to the initiatives you want to support. The rest of your fund is available to support NC State or other IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) charities when and how you recommend.
Benefits of the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund WorksGiving through the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund is simple.
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock or other assets to fund the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund here. The minimum contribution is $10,000 to start and at least 50 percent of your "Giving Fund" must eventually be directed to NC State associated entities. Additional gifts can be added to your "Giving Fund" with minimum contributions of $250.00.
- The assets in your NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund grow tax-free.
- You make recommendations on gifts to be made from your NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund.
- It's a legacy you can pass along. Many donors involve their families in giving through the fund now and then pass the fund's advising duties along to them later to continue their giving legacy.
- You advise how you want to invest your contributions from a variety of options that suit your time frame, values and preferences. When you're ready, use your fund to support the causes you care about in amounts of $50 or more.
More on the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund and Donor Advised Funds
Since the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund allows you to create your own personalized charitable giving fund for donations to multiple charities, it is ideal for giving without the time, cost and administrative burdens of a foundation. Simply name your fund-for example, The Smith Family Foundation. Your gifts will bear that name, and all the paperwork will be handled for you. Whether you are an established or new philanthropist, this approach can greatly reduce the time spent on the administrative side of giving.
To establish an NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund, please visit https://campaign.ncsu.edu/how-to-give/giftplanning/
Gifts to your DAF or NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund are generally deductible at fair market value and a DAF is not subject to the distribution requirements and certain excise taxes required by private foundations.
If you have a DAF established elsewhere, contact us at 919.515.5106 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to direct grants from your DAF to support NC State.
If you have any questions about the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund or donor advised funds, please contact us at 919.515.5106 or email@example.com. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
*The NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund accepts certain complex assets, which may include real estate, C-Corp stock, LLC and limited partnership interests, life insurance policies, patents, royalties and copyrights. Contributions are subject to review.
Contributions to the NC State Donor Advised Giving Fund are irrevocable. All recommendations from donors are subject to review and approval.